- To introduce blend sounds of vowels and consonants (35 sounds)
- To introduce long sounds of vowels
- To introduce special sounds
· Level 3 sounds presentation
· To introduce the combination sound of 2 consonants à consonant blends
· To teach children to recognise and pronounce initial and final consonant blends.
· To teach children to recognise and pronounce end blends.
· To teach children the long sound of 2 vowels separated by a consonant.
· To introduce special sounds of consonant ‘y’ that has more than one sound.
· Level 5 sounds presentation
ü To teach more combination sounds of 3 – ending letter
ü To teach special sounds of “oi” and “oy”To teach the silent letters “h”, “k”, and “w
· Level 6 presentation
ü To teach double letter blends
ü To teach combination sounds of 4 letter blends and 5 letter blends
· Basic Grammar Principles
o Qualitative Adjectives
o Adverbs of Manner
· Importance of Lesson Plans
- How to write lesson plans?
- Elements of lesson plan
- Methods / Instruction